Are you feeling the urge to get out and explore the world? Perhaps you’ve already planned your next adventure, or maybe you’re just daydreaming about all the exciting possibilities that await you. Whatever your situation may be, there’s no denying that travel has a special way of inspiring and invigorating us and we hope these travel quotes give you the inspiration you need to plan your next adventure!
Whether it’s the breathtaking beauty of nature, the thrill of new experiences, or the simple joy of getting lost in a new city, there’s something magical about hitting the road and seeing where it takes you. With that in mind, we’ve compiled the ultimate list of inspirational travel quotes to inspire, motivate, and encourage you on your journey.
Our Favourite Travel Quotes
1. “To Travel is to Live” – Hans Christian Andersen
2. Everyone needs a friend who calls and says “Get dressed we’re going on an adventure!”
3. “Travel makes one modest. You see what a tiny place you occupy in the world” – Gustav Flaubert
4. “If you think adventure is dangerous – try routine, it’s lethal” – Paulo Coelho
5. “Live with no excuses, Travel with no regrets” – Oscar Wilde
6. “Not all classrooms have 4 walls”
7. “I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel’s sake. The great affair is to move.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
8. “The world is a book and those who don’t travel read only one page.” – Saint Augustine
There’s so much to see in this world, and every destination is a new chapter in the book of your life. Don’t get stuck on just one page – explore, learn and discover what this world has to offer.
9. “A good traveller has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving.” – Lao Tzo
10. “Having a Child is Reason to travel, never a reason to stop!”
11. “Once a year, go somewhere you have never been before.” – Dalai Lama
Travelling to the same destination year after year can be comfortable, but it can also be monotonous. Challenge yourself to explore somewhere new, even if it’s just once a year.
12. “Wherever you go, you take yourself with you.” – Neil Gaiman
13. “If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion, and avoid the people, you might better stay home.” – James A. Michener
14. “I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list!”
15. “Life is a journey, and travelling makes the journey all the more interesting and worthwhile.”
16. “The only people who ever get anywhere interesting, are the people who get lost.”
17. “If you look like your passport photo, you’re probably due a trip!”
18. “Not all who wander are lost” – J.R.R. Tolkien
This quote is perfect for those who want to escape the mundane routine of everyday life, without necessarily needing a definitive plan. Some of the best adventures come from not quite knowing where you’ll end up.
19. “Life is an adventure for those who have the courage to explore.”
20. “We wander for distraction, but we travel for fulfillment.” – Hilaire Belloc
21. “Oh the Places You Will Go” – Dr Seuss
22. “Some people reach for a snack or go to the gym – When I get restless, I start booking flights!”
23. “Collect Moments Not Things.”
24. “Investment in Travel is an Investment in Yourself.” – Matthew Karsten
25. “Anyone who needs more than one suitcase is a tourist, not a traveller.” – Ira Levin
26. “The journey of a thousand miles starts with one step” – Lao Tzu
27. “Did you ever notice that the first piece of luggage on the carousel never belongs to anyone?” ― Erma Bombeck
28. “Travelling, it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.” – Ibn Battula
Traveling gives us memories, and stories to tell for many years to come. The world is vast and full of fascinating experiences that we can cherish and recount.
29. “Travel far enough, you meet yourself.” – David Mitchell
Travelling isn’t just about escaping your daily routine, but it’s also about discovering yourself. The more you explore, the more you’ll find what you’re truly capable of.
30. “We travel not to escape life but for life not to escape us.” – Unknown
Don’t let life pass you by. Travel brings us new experiences and perspectives, making us appreciate life even more.
31. “Adventure awaits, go find it.” – Anonymous
You never know what adventures await you in a new destination. Take the plunge and go find out!
32. “Travel and change of place impart new vigour to the mind.” – Seneca
Tired of feeling stuck? Sometimes all you need is a change of scenery to put life back into perspective.
33. “Happiness is not a state to arrive at, but a manner of travelling.” – Margaret Lee Rumbeck
34. Work, Travel, Save, Repeat.
35. “Travel is still the most intense mode of learning. ” – Kevin Kelly
36. “Jobs fill your pockets, but adventure fills your soul. ” – Jamie Lyn Beatty
37. “The greatest legacy we can leave our children are happy memories.” – Og Mandino
As you set off on your next adventure, whether it’s halfway around the world or just a short drive away, let these best travel quotes remind you of the beauty, excitement, and pure joy that comes with exploring new places. Whether you’re seeking adventure, relaxation, cultural immersion, or simply a change of scenery, travel has a way of opening our eyes and our hearts to the wonders of the world. So go forth with confidence, courage, and a sense of wonder.
So, embrace the journey along the way, and remember that the destination is just one small piece of the puzzle. With each new experience, you’ll gain a deeper appreciation for the world around you and the people who call it home. So pack your bags, grab your passport, and get ready for the adventure of a lifetime – because the world is waiting for you!
To read more of our quotes visit here.
Check out our funny travel quotes here
For inspiration on where to visit – please check out our destination posts.
Find all our Travel Resources here.