Being a mother is an incredibly rewarding and fulfilling job, but it can also be one of the most challenging. From sleepless nights to endless laundry, raising children often requires a superhuman level of energy, patience, and perseverance. But the love and joy that come with motherhood make all of the hard work well worth it.
When times get tough, it can be helpful to turn to inspirational quotes to provide an extra boost of inspiration and encouragement. In this blog post, we’ve collected the best inspirational and inspirational quotes for mothers, from famous authors to everyday moms, to help uplift and inspire you on your journey through motherhood.
Here are our favourite inspirational Quotes for Mothers
1. “The most important work you will ever do will be within the walls of your home.” – Harold B. Lee
Many mothers feel guilty for not having full-time careers, and the pressures of society often dictate that they have to put their career first. However, it is crucial to remember that being a mother is the most important work that a woman can do and that it has a profound impact on our children. This quote reminds us that the work we are doing within our home is just as crucial as any other work we can be doing.
2. “The very fact that you worry about being a good mother means that you already are one.” – Jodi Picoult
3. “Being a mother is learning about strengths you didn’t know you had.” – Linda Wooton
4. “A child will have strong medicine when the gift of love is given to them by their mother.” – Lakota
5. “There is no way to be the perfect mother, but a million ways to be a good one.” – Jill Churchill
We often strive to be perfect mothers, but the truth is that perfectionism sets unrealistic expectations that can only lead to frustration and disappointment. This quote reminds us that we cannot be perfect, but we can be good and that there are many ways to approach our mothering. As long as we show up with love, kindness, and a desire to do our best, we are doing a great job.
6. “Good moms have homes that are clean enough to be healthy and messy enough to be happy.” – Unknown
7. “To be a good parent, you need to take care of yourself so that you can have the physical and emotional energy to take care of your family.” – Michell Obama
8. “An empty tank will take you exactly nowhere. Take Time to refuel.” – Unknown
9. “This Too Shall Pass.”
10. “Motherhood is the exquisite inconvenience of being another person’s everything.” – Unknown
Motherhood is demanding, inconvenient, and overwhelming, but it is also one of the most rewarding experiences of our lives. This quote eloquently describes the dichotomy of being a mother, acknowledging that while there are sacrifices, there is also beauty and immense love.
Check out: More Mom Inspirational Quotes here
11. “Let’s prove to ourselves that the judgement of others does not define us, that we are strong, brave, capable women who can do whatever the heck we set our minds to! Let us also remind each other when we forget.” –Julie Maida
12. “The days are long but the years are short.” – Gretchen Rubin
Motherhood is a journey that goes by in the blink of an eye. It’s easy to get caught up in the daily chaos and forget to cherish the moments that matter most. Keep in mind that while the days may feel long, the years are short. Take a step back and savour the precious moments with your children. These are the memories that you will cherish for a lifetime.
13. “Finding balance as a mother means accepting your imperfections.” – Mary Organizes
14. “Successful mothers are not the ones that never struggled. They are the ones that never give up, despite the struggles.” – Sharon Jaynes
15. “You don’t have to be perfect to be amazing.” – Globetrotting Moms
Perfectionism is a trap that can make you feel inadequate, anxious, and exhausted. Remember that motherhood isn’t a competition or a performance- it’s a journey. Embrace your flaws, learn from your mistakes, and celebrate your achievements, no matter how small.
16. “A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for.” – Unknown
17. “I remember my mother’s prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life.” – Abraham Lincoln
18. “A mother continues to labor long after the baby is born.” – Lisa Jo Baker
19. “Sometimes the strength of motherhood is greater than natural laws” – Barbara Kingsolver
20. “Sometimes when I need a miracle, I look into my child’s eye’s and realise I already have one.” – Unknown
21. “Your most valuable parenting skill is learning to manage yourself first.” Dr. Laura Markham
22. “If I have done anything in life worth attention, I feel sure that I inherited the disposition from my mother.” – Booker T. Washington
23. “The best way to make children good is to make them happy.” – Oscar Wilde
Raising happy children is the ultimate goal of motherhood. This quote reminds us that nurturing our children’s joy is the best way to instill good values and principles.
24. “Don’t count the days make them count.” – Muhammad Ali
25. “Parenting is the easiest thing in the world to have an opinion about but the hardest thing in the world to do.” – Anne Lamoti
This quote rings so true! Everyone has an opinion on how best to raise your child. Don’t get swayed, you know your child best. My personal opinion is that we never fully know how good a job we’ve done until our child is fully grown! And that may not be until they reach the ripe old age of 27! I’m not saying don’t seek advice or take advice, I’m just saying don’t let it get to you or allow it to make you think you’re not doing an amazing job! We’re all trying our hardest!
26. “Life is tough, but so are you!”
27. “You Got this Mama!”
Sometimes all you need is a simple reminder that you’ve got this. Whatever it may be, you are capable of handling it. Believe in yourself and your abilities, and remember that you were made for this. You were born to be a mother, and you were born to thrive in this role. Trust yourself, trust the journey, and know that you got this, mama.
28. “You are the sun, the moon, and all the stars to your children.” – Unknown
No one can replace a mother’s role in a child’s life. You have the power to light up their world, wipe their tears, and show them the beauty of life. It’s natural to feel overwhelmed or imperfect, but remember that you are their superhero in their eyes.
29. “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only choice.”– Bob Marley
Motherhood requires resilience, adaptability, and courage. You’ll face moments of doubt, fear, and sadness, but you’ll also discover your inner strength and capabilities. Trust yourself, and keep moving forward.
30. “When life gets blurry, adjust your focus.”-Unknown
Motherhood can blur your vision of who you are beyond your role as a mom. It’s crucial to take time for yourself, pursue your passions, and stay connected to your own identity. Don’t lose sight of the person you were before becoming a mom and the person you still aim to be.
31. “The best way to teach children is by example.”– Unknown
Your children will learn from your actions, not just your words. Therefore, it’s essential to be mindful of how you treat yourself, your partner, others, and your environment. Show them kindness, respect, and empathy, and they’ll follow suit.
As a mother, you are doing remarkable and important work each and every day. It’s okay to feel exhausted, overwhelmed, or discouraged from time to time. But always remember that your hard work and dedication are appreciated and valued more than words can express. We hope these inspirational mom quotes have provided a small but meaningful reminder of just how incredible and inspiring you are. Whether you stick them on your fridge, write them in your journal, or just take a moment to reflect on them, we hope they bring you comfort, encouragement, and strength when you need it most. Keep up the amazing work, Supermom – you’ve got this!
Check out our Happy Mothers Day quotes and view all our quotes here.
Editors note: You are welcome to share and use the images and inspirational quotes about motherhood above. Please give credit back to our page. Non-commercial use only.